Skip to main content

Where is God in the midst of Covid-19?

As the death toll increase, my heart aches increasingly each day. They aren't just numbers, but they are a mother, a father, a brother, a sister, a child to someone. I have many unanswered questions. Why did God allow them to die? Why did God not heal the land when He is almighty God? I am not angry at God; I am upset at the situation.

I have no answer to date, but I cannot deny the presence of God each day at home. Even when my family is all locked up at home due to our Stay Home Notice, God remains faithful. He is omnipresent. I'm so thankful for His Shalom peace, the peace that surpasses all understanding that guards our heart. In the midst of the chaos, He is my tower of refuge. He is not deaf; He hear my cries, even the silent ones. He knows my brokenness.

There are many uncertainties, but I know He is a faithful God. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. My income have been drastically affected, but my future remains in Him. Circumstances may have changed, but His promises are still "yes & amen". My future remains in Him. He is the Author and Finisher of my life. He is the One who directs my path & my future. He is an unchanging God.



The bible says in Psalm 121:1-8
"I lift up my eyes to the mountains -
Where does my help comes from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip -
He who watches over you will not slumber.
Indeed, He who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you -
The Lord is your shade at your right hand;
The sun will not harm you by day,
Nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm -
He will watch over your life;
The Lord will watch over your coming and going
Both now and forevermore."

He watches over my loved ones. He does not sleep. He will keep us from all harm. He is my help, my ever present help in times of need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Prayer Convocation

National Prayer Convocation, Singapore Sports Hub A nation came together to pray for the cornerstone of the nation, the government, the marriages, the families, the children, the weak, the vulnerables, and most importantly, for His will to be done as it is in Heaven. #praysingapore #lovesingapore #weareabodyofChrist #family #reconciliation #repentance #openheaven #revival #harvest #fieldsarewhite #storyofDunkirk

MidWinter Green, Khao Yai

MidWinter Green is one of the most popular restaurants in Khao Yai, and it is understandably so once you experience it yourself. The outer building looks charming and mysterious like a typical European castle, and it looks like it has many stories to tell. The interior is tastefully renovated and clothed in grandeur. The outdoor dining area is very spacious, overlooking the magnificent view of mountains behind the green fields. MidWinter Green is also a nice spot for sunset. The sky changes color to a beautiful hue of purple and pink as the sun begins to set. Do take note the sun starts to set about 545pm in December when we were there, and it gets dark pretty fast after that. The live band that starts at 630pm was good, and the light show at 8pm reminded me of the ones I saw at Universal Studios Sentosa. There are some lovely spots scattered around the compound that are so insta-friendly for the insta-lovers. Wha